Think and write down your goal for doing this. Consider your kids what they like to do (or don´t!).
To do something centred around the children (Croc and Boo) everyday, focus this time on them and enjoy sharing it. I would like use this challenge to develop and create play moments that my two children can share together (A nigh on impossible task at the moment!).
- Loves getting messy especially outside with mud
- Loves drawing and painting
- Loves walking/climbing/getting in and out of spaces
- Loves copying her big brother
- Loves feeling things (water running through her hands, sand or soil)
- Loves picking and pinching with her fingers
- Loves music and claps and dances along.
Build a Fort
This is something similar to when we did our indoor camping (which we´ve repeated on several occasions!) so I knew it would go down well. As the challenge is to try and develop play time and with my goal of encouraging sharing play I set out some blankets and cushions on the sofa and said "Lets build a castle"
- "Put that chair there,
- Use that blanket for the door,
- I´ll put the cushions down,
- Can we have another chair?"
Boo was in and out, going through the "doors", sitting on the cushions and lying down.
Our first Challenge was a definate success. They both played together, it lasted well over the 15 mintues and I got involved (and inside the castle!)
Now for tomorrow...